Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's a dog's life

Whoops, i guess i let a few weeks slip by there, eh?

Well, life post-surgery is pretty sweet, if not a little boring. The first couple of days started off as follows:

11:30 a.m. - Get up.

12:00 noon - eat.

12:30 p.m. - watch t.v.

4:30 p.m. - wake up watching a completely different show. Turn down volume, go back to sleep.

4:30-6:30 p.m. - drift in and out of sleep, change ice pack for frozen rasperries which quickly melt into a red goo all over p.j. pants, change, watch t.v., read, sleep, etc.

6:30 p.m. - lindsey gets home and makes me supper.

7:30 p.m. - watch more tv, try to have a b.m. which is nearly impossible because of T-3s, read, stand on the deck and watch the dogs go pee.

12:00 - bedtime.

So you can see that it is difficult to deal with the overwhelming boredom of it all. Lindsey dragged me off to a wedding the saturday after the surgery, and i got tired and sore really quickly because i had to stand for like three hours. We went to the states the next day to pick up a new stud dog for her chihuahuas, and finally on Monday i got to relax again.

I visited the doctor for a post op check-up on friday, and he said everything is healing nicely, and not to lift anything heavier than 15 lbs for five more weeks. We were camping at Lilac with half of Riverton, and my parents lent us their camper so that i wouldn't have to set up/sleep in a tent, so that was kind of nice, and lindsey loaded all the heavy things for me so we had a lot of fun.

I couldn't go swimming, which kind of sucked, but i'm going to call the doctor tomorrow to see when that will be possible because we are going to Star Lake next week and i want to get in the water.

I worked a few days at the farm this week injecting turkeys, so it was mostly sitting around, i spent a total of 16 hours sitting and needling over three days, so my butt is really sore right now, but i'm banking my hours while i'm off work so that i can collect pogey at the same time (shh, don't tell the government)

Well, the couch is calling my name, so i'd better go and lay down for a while, after all that work i'm hoping to repeat the above schedule until sunday when we head off to Star Lake.

Take care,
eric

1 comment:

Lindsey Dueck said...

Oh darling, you wish your life was like that. If supper isn't ready when I get home, legs will be broken. Human legs. And as if Lilac was only fun BECAUSE I lifted heavy things. I love you the most.